Mailing templates allow institutions to create the language to be used in the mailings that are sent to students or instructors on a recurring basis. A template for a mailing can be created once and then can be used as is or updated as new mailings are sent.
Templates are available for convenience within the Mailing Center, your one-stop-shop for all things evaluation communications.
To create a mailing template follow the steps below:
- From the homepage click on Mailing Center.
- Open the Templates tab
- Click Create Template.
- Provide the following:
TIPS: For mailings, make this name something the student will recognize such as: The Registrar's Office, The Provost Office, etc. The recipient is more likely to open the email.
- Template Name - this is for administrative use and will help you to identify which mailing template this is when choosing from different options for a campaign or searching templates.
- From Name - this will appear as the from name in the recipients' inbox.
- From Email - should a recipient reply to the email, this email address will receive the response.
- Subject - this appears in the subject line of the recipients' inbox.
- Write the mailing Message
The Format drop-down menu allows for basic formatting features are available for your message such as: text color, various fonts, bold, italicize, underline, and strike-through, as well as alignment options.
The Placeholders drop-down menu should be utilized to help personalize your message and provide recipients with the links to the Evaluate Product. Placeholders include: First Name, Last Name, Username, Student Access Link, Faculty Access Link, Summary Report Link, and Course Section Details. Learn more about Placeholders
Please Note: Your message MUST have either the Student Access Link or the Faculty Access Link included in the message or recipients will not know how to login.
- Once finished, click Save.
For Instructor and Student Mailing template examples please see our Mailing Template Examples.