Our specialists are happy to build your evaluations for you as most institutions only need one evaluation in total; however, if you'd like to build an evaluation on your own, follow these steps!
- Go to Configuration > Evaluations
- Click Create Evaluation.
- Name your evaluation something you'll recognize for your specific set of questions, and click Create.
- There are two sets of questions--Core Questions and Custom Questions. Core Questions are questions that all courses will get, no matter the course. Custom Questions are specific to an institutional unit and/or course section attribute applied to the course.
- To add Core Questions, click Include Questions, then click Edit Core Questions.
- To assist you in building an evaluation, see Other Evaluation Builder Properties.
- Click +New to add a question. See Types of Questions.
- *Note: With Single Select, Dropdown, Multiple Select, and Matrix questions, any answer options such as No Opinion, Not Applicable, etc. Adjust the Alternate Code to zero (0) and the Scale Value to be empty within that particular answer.
- You can add additional pages to the evaluation by clicking on the add page icon to the right of the page number.
- To assign a Faculty Question set (these question sets will repeat for each faculty member assigned to the course), you can assign via page, or question, by clicking on the . In the pop-up window you'll choose which faculty types get that set of questions. It is not required of the system that all faculty types receive faculty questions. Once the arrows turn blue, the page or question set is a designated faculty question.
- NOTE: Don't forget to set the Scale Values on any question that will have statistics assigned such as Mean and Standard Deviation. Scale values are set in two ways:
- Click on the Response Choice (e.g. Strongly Disagree), and choose the Reporting tab. Set the correct value to be assigned. You can then skip through to the next Response Choice by choosing the arrow at the top of the screen.
- OR, you can click on the question and choose the Reporting tab. Then choose for the values to ascending, descending, or custom.
- NOTE for N/A or No Opinion responses: for any response choices noted as N/A or No Opinion, do NOT provide a Scale Value; leave this field blank. Additionally, be sure the Alternate Code is noted as zero (0). Lastly, on the General tab for these response choices, check the box for Opt-Out
When you are finished creating your questions, click Done Editing.
- To add Custom Questions, click Edit Custom Questions.
- There are two types of Custom Questions--by Institutional Unit, or by Course Section Attribute.
- The default page will be for Institutional Unit questions. Any questions added to an institutional unit will be included in the evaluation for courses that belong to that institutional unit. To add questions to a specific institutional unit, click on the name of the unit and click Add Questions. Using the same builder as described above, add your questions. When finished, click Done Editing. The institutional unit will be shown with an orange box to the left of the unit name; click on the name of unit and then click Include Questions to make the question set live for the evaluation. The box will turn green.
- To add questions to courses with a particular course section attribute, click on the Course Section Attributes tab. Click on the attribute you'd like to add questions to and click Add Questions. Using the same builder as described above, add your questions. When finished, click Done Editing. The attribute will be shown with an orange box to the left of the attribute name; click on the name of the attribute and then click Include Questions to make the question set live for the evaluation. The box will turn green.
- Click Back to Evaluation to go back to the evaluation's main page and make any additional changes if needed. When completely finished building the evaluation, you may exit the page by simply navigating to another page in the site or closing your browser.